- Earth Eats. Real Food Green Living
- Nature Podcast An interesting link sent by Isabel de Soto (Y5C, 2007-08). It's got the audio AND the transcripts. It's also got a video streaming archive!
- WFIU Podcasts: Moment of Science Fantastic 2'30'' episodes which will tell you about amazing scientific facts!
- Living on Earth PRI, Public Radio International. A weekly environmental news and information program. With free transcripts.
Science Fridays NPR, National Public Radio. Science radio once a week! A weekly discussion of the latest news in science, technology, health, and the environment hosted by Ira Flatow. Ira interviews scientists, authors, and policymakers, and listeners can call in and ask questions as well.
All in the Mind (Archives) Advanced. ABC Radio (Australian Broadcasting Company). Australia. Science and Medicine. Radio National's weekly foray into the mental universe, the mind, brain and behaviour - everything from addiction to artificial intelligence.
- The 90-second naturalist (archives to download)
Broken Links (we keep in case they get fixed):
National Geographic Podcasts (no longer free or in ex) Some with transcripts or written news items on the same topic.
National Geographic News - subscribe - It is weekly and lasts about 20 minutes.
National Geographic World Talk - subscribe - Weekly, about 15 minutes.
- Greenpeace Podcast Audio and video pod. Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organisation that uses nonviolent creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems to force solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. Greenpeace campaigns around the protection of oceans and ancient forests; the phase out of fossil fuels and the promotion of renewable energy to stop climate change; the elimination of toxic chemicals; the prevention of genetically modified organisms being released into nature; an end to the nuclear threat and nuclear contamination; safe and sustainable trade. Save the whales!